About Me

My photo
im Jaded..i create this blog to share my little knowledge about what i've been taken from my college life and my greatest frustration in life is to develop my own accounting software..

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Future Value and example

Future Value is the amount at some future time of a present amount of money, or a series of payment, evaluated at a given interest rate. another term for future value is a money equivalent in value to s specific sum of money today.

Calculation of Components:

PV = how much money a person has today
FV = how much money a person expect to in the future
 I    = the percentage rate on money invested
T    = Means Time, length tme of investment

Formula:  FV = PV ( 1+i )n

Example: How much money will you have in 5 years if  you invest 100 pesos today at 10% rate of return?

Solution:  FV = PV ( 1+i )n
Subtitute: FV = 100 ( 1+ 0.05 )5
                     = 100 (1.1) (1.1) (1.1) (1.1) (1.1)
                     = 161.051 -answer


We, elaborate the  exponential  or  time to a  manual procedure  for make it easy. specially for non scientific calculator user.





No comments:

Post a Comment